Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Cross I Keep In My Heart


There were many times
when the world would let you down,
There were times when
you had the face problems
on your own,
And as a result you felt
the torture and the pain.

For those pains, I cried.

Going through the motions,  
facing all the struggles
Not knowing how to ask for help, 
not knowing where to run.
For those tears, I tried. 
Tried to offer my open arms
To hold and comfort you.

You learned to be free,
You learned to express
the inner you.
Not having any fear,
yet still shedding
some tears.

For those tears, I cried.

You have acknowledged
Jesus as your Lord
And have accepted what has
been put before you.

Don’t be yoked
with the world,
For you are no
longer in the world.
Don’t let your struggles hide
deep within you
For in time, it will hinder
your spiritual walk.

For he who cries, let him weep,
then encourage him.
He who tries, commend him
For at least he tried.

But never forget, HE who died,
For HE died for our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment